A predicate is one of the two main parts of a sentence or clause modifying the subject and including the verb objects or phrases governed by the verb. Every sentence has a complete subject and complete predicate the complete subject tells whom or what the sentence is about for example the house the red . What is a predicate what is a subject subject and predicate worksheets and examples simple subject and predicate compound subject and predicate. So in this example the subject is dog and the predicate is ran see if you can find the subject and predicate in this sentence. Define predicate learn the definition of predicates as a grammatical unit with example sentences what is a subject and sentence predicate find out here
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.